Tuesday, January 14, 2014

In the span of a year

It's amazing what a difference a year can make. On December 29, 2012, I embarked on a journey of love that has forever changed my life. A few short weeks after that on January 14, 2013, I officially found myself in a relationship. Probably before I was ready to be in it but I knew even back then that it wasn't the kind of love you keep waiting. It was this bug kind of love that turns your world upside down. And it really did. Tyler was more than I could ever imagine I needed or wanted. He made me better. He took all the pain of my past and all those let downs and he made it all make sense. Nothing before him was going to work our because it wasn't meant to. It was all leading to him. Every path, every broken heart, every night I wondered when I would get to finally be happy, it was all leading to that moment when he walked into my life. I never for a second would have thought he would ever walk out. Now a year after our love story began, we are watching it fall apart. And there isn't really anything for us to do to stop it. Our lives are leading us down paths that will be incredibly hard to make the same path. I didn't know my heart could hurt this much. I want to keep fighting for us because I still believe with everything I have that he's the one. But I cannot be in a relationship alone, I can't be the only who still has faith. He and I have been through so much and I know we are strong enough but I can't make him see my way. So now as one wonderful year of love comes to an end, we find ourselves embarking on a year full of heartache and wonder. Will we come out of this stronger? We will still want each other in the end? Will this next year make us or break us? I can only hope he finds his way back to me. I know I will still love him in 6 months, a year, 5 years.... The rest of my life. I want him forever. But it seems all I can do now is let him go.

No comments:

Post a Comment