Thursday, June 13, 2013

Heartbreak

I think this is one of those things you don't recover from. You move on eventually, somehow. Only because you have to. You learn to breather again but you will never ever be the same. When something fragile breaks, you can glue the pieces back but it always feels different. You might even lose a piece or two and you're left with this nearly whole thing but it has some missing pieces, a few voids. I think that's my heart. I don't think I can put it back together. I've had my heart broken before, that's a known fact that I won't deny but I have never been shattered. I have never reached that point where I crumbled to a heap on the ground because the weight of the sadness was too much. But I did last night. I felt the worst kind of pain. Not a physical pain that pills or shots can numb but the pain of losing the thing you never imagined you would lose. I don't know how it gets better. I just know that it does. And now I have to get there because this is what he's making me do. I don't have any other choice than to let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment